- Hurricane Sandy: A Municipal Perspective – Emergency management officials from the storm-devastated Jersey Shore community of Brick Township offer their observations on what local governments can do to prepare for extreme storms.
- Moving Utility fleets for Power Restoration – Utilities are joining with the public sector to find ways to speed utility fleet movement for future extreme weather events.
- Q&A: Joel Smith and Russ Jones – An InTransition conversation with a pair of experts on climate change and adaptation issues.
- Revisiting Florida’s 2004/2005 Hurricane Seasons – What has changed a decade since the costliest storm onslaught in U.S. history?
- Making Intercity Bus Travel Hip – A crop of colorful new lines like BoltBus and Megabus are reinvigorating intercity bus travel.
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
InTransition returns this month with a group of stories analyzing the lessons from Hurricane Sandy one year later. Here is a quick peak at some of the issue’s top stories: